Thursday, August 8, 2013

Their "Cousin" Fox

My nephew and niece are obsessed about Fox, our semi-newly adopted dog.

See, back home (in the Philippines), we have pets at home but we do not treat them as family as much as people do here in the US. They are our protectors, the common nickname for dogs there is "Bantay," which means "Guard." Dogs there are trained to bark whenever someone they do not know knocks. This is the first time ever that I have to take care of a toy dog. A tiny, tiny dog.

So when the kids learned that we adopted a dog and saw pictures of him, one of the things they started to love doing is Facetime with me Fox. I would follow Fox around the house or just point my phone at him while I make him do his tricks. I've also been sending my sister videos of the pooch so they have something to look at when they get home from school.

How I wish it was super easy for us to see each other so they can play with Fox and I can train them to be Fox's walkers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment